The information we collect and how it is used
Cookies and Google AnalyticsAs visitors browse the website, information is collected about the visit. Cookies are used to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. This is conducted through Google Analytics which ensures that all data sent to them is anonymous. This means that no Personally Identifiable Information (for example, IP addresses, email addresses, names etc..) is shared. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent. You can do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Contact Form and CorrespondenceIf you choose to fill out and submit a contact form on our site and / or engage in correspondence with us, we may collect contact information (such as your name, phone number, e-mail address), professional information (such as your job title and name of organisation) and other content you may provide (such as your enquiry, comments and responses to questions). This will help us in answering any queries you may have and ensure that you receive information that is most relevant to you in future. Form entries are forwarded to appropriate internal contacts and stored in the Republic of Ireland. These representatives may use this information to get in touch with you in connection with your queries and connected topics and issues, and otherwise may be used for the following purposes:
- operating, evaluating and improving our business;
- anonymizing personal information and preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymized information;
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by a judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction; or
- such other reasons as may be notified to you at the time of collection.
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about offers, promotions, prize draws and competitions;
- notify you of changes to our services or policies;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective, responsive and compatible manner for you and for your computer or device;
- respond to your requests for information and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or providing information as required by a court order.
- to protect the safety and security of our Services, staff, systems, property or any person, including to investigate, prevent and minimise the effects of fraud and otherwise to protect our vital interests or the vital interests of others
- improve our products and services that we provide to you;
- carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our sites, when you choose to do so;
- investigate any improper use of our products, services or the network; and
- carry out activities necessary to the running of our business, including systems testing, network monitoring, staff training and quality control.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose.
- we may also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- consistent with obtained consent, for example, where you have opted-in to receive our marketing information, we may use your information to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or information we think may interest you;
- necessary for the legitimate interests of us or of a third party, provided those interests are not overridden by your interests or rights;
- necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- We may process personal data on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using that data. We only use personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we believe that we need to use that personal data for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose or as applicable law permits.
- The website uses an SSL certificate which both verifies our identity and secures the safe transmission of information between your browser and our server.
- Daily malware scans are conducted to detect any malicious hacking attempts which may compromise the security of our site.
- The site contains articles and information for your reference only.
- We do not ask for any financial (e.g. credit card or account numbers), health or other sensitive information.
- Strict internal policies and procedures apply in relation to the storage, access and disclosure of personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be held on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your legal rights
Individuals within the European Union have additional rights in relation to your personal information. Please note that these rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exemptions under applicable data protection law. In particular (without limitation), you may:
object to the processing of your personal information;
request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct anything you think is incorrect or incomplete;
ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use it; and
withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent).